Tuesday, December 11, 2012

If you met my Family

you would understand.....
 
This is one of my favourite quotes and I just had to make myself one.
I used:
A stretched canvas, VersaMark ink pad, some clear embossing powder,
Stampers Anonymous stamps (Tim Holtz Collection),
Dala Sun Paint, coarse salt, craft paint, old alphabet
letters, a diamante star, E 6000 glue and a Tim Holtz bird cage.
 
Ink up a stamp and carefully stamp onto the canvas to create a border.
Pour over some clear embossing powder and heat set.
Choose a colour and paint the canvas.
While the paint is drying wipe off some of the paint on the embossed area
and sprinkle a little coarse salt onto the canvas.
Watch how the magic happens.
Can you see the white dots on the background?
(See the sparks flying?) Ok!
 

Paint the alphabet letters in another colour and let them dry.
Then spray them with glimmer mist.
The easiest way to position the letters was to use a repositionable glue,
like Mono Multi glue. Let the glue dry and then position the letters.
If they fall off afterwards, just glue them back on while the glue is still wet.

For fun I added a piece of lace from my grandma's stash.
(we all inherit something!) 
 


The small charm star was then glued inside the cage.
(but never let the star inside you be locked away)
I used some of the craft paint and my finger to paint the outside of the cage.
To keep the cage in place I also used a bit of E 6000 glue and there you go,
all done.
 
I have another canvas planned and waiting on my studio table.
and another one......
 
Will keep you posted.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment