Monday, June 14, 2010

Soldering on Saturday


Hi everyone
I am so glad that I have had the whole day to myself, working in my studio. But first I must tell you that we went for a ride on the Gautrain yesterday. I was so excited. It was just a joyride, but it was stunning. There were lots of people who also did it just for fun. We boarded at Sandton station and got off at Rhodesfield. We then watched the train as it pulled in at O.R.Thambo, because Rhodesfield is insight from O.R. Thambo! We then got back on the same train, a few minutes later and it took us 12 min back to Sandton.


This photo was taken at Sandton station, one level higher than where our train departed from.
I think the station will never be so quiet again!

Now back to the soldering class on Saturday. You will learn to solder and complete three items. The pictures and glass slides we will be using are 5cm x 5cm.The soldered charm in the photo was done with a microscope slide and it has pictures at the front and the back.

 I hear that a massive cold front is coming, but the studio will have a fire burning on Saturday.
 Keep well. Until later.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed a nice day. Have a wonderful soldering class. Your charms look like they will be fabulous. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pics. I would have gone for a joyride too. Must have been quite an experience.

    ReplyDelete