Monday, December 3, 2012

Mills and Boon for Christmas!

My theme for this year is old book paper.
Here are a few of my ideas to decorate your gifts and your table.
 An old Mills and Boon paperback
works great as a source for the old book paper.
 
I used my Martha Stewart Paper Punches to create this lace border.
I had to punch three pages at a time, it just works better than one.
Then a Spellbinders Nestabilities die for the base of the flower and
a red paper rose to get the colour going.
 
Cut some pages in half and then do the punching. Join the pages at the top and bottom.
 Now you can use it as "ribbon" to wrap it around a gift.
 
For the stars and the hearts I used the Sizzix Framelits dies.
(all available from Scrap-a-Doodles)
Book wrapping paper works great as gift wrapping paper, but it can be very boring,
so you need to Zoosh it up with a piece of string and some bling.
 
Use the different size hearts. Cut 5 and fold them in half.
Glue them together and arrange them on the gift. Remember to bling it up!
 Here I used Zig glue and because you can work very accurate and it still sticks when it is dry.
 
A paper rosette with a red rose on each plate will look FABULOUS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment